Cashew Chicken Salad with Baked Wontons
8 egg roll wrappers
4 skinless chicken breasts, boned and defatted
2 cups shredded napa cabbage
1 cup chopped bok choy
1/4 cup chopped daikon radish
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup snow peas
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon minced scallions
2 tablespoons minced shallots
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon cashew butter
6 tablespoons minced cashews
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a sheet pan with canola oil.
2. To prepare wontons, cut wrappers in half and distribute over
sheet pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool.
3. Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Cover and cook in oven
for 15 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Cool and slice.
4. Place vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients for dressing. Lightly toss
with vegetables and divide into 4 equal portions. Top each salad
with a sliced chicken breast and garnish with 4 baked wontons.